For 2/3 persons you will need:-
- Olive oil – from pack
- ½ medium onion – finely chopped
- 60 grams peas
- 200 grams rice – from pack
- 1 sachet paella with saffron – from pack
- 1 litre water + a stock cube of your choice
- ¼ tsp. pimento – from pack
- 300 grams meat of choice, cut into bite size pieces (chicken & pork fillet works well)
- Note: Any fish or seafood can be substituted for the meat.
*The best ingredients, special rice for paella, extra virgin olive oil, special blend of spices with saffron to give colour and aromas. A typical paella recipe for true traditional paella, all in one product.
Don Felipe Paella, is the basis for preparing a delicious paella.
- Add 1tbsp of oil to pan and fry onion over medium heat for 4 mins. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat with meat or fish, cooking the fish for 10 mins. and meat for 20 mins. approx., or until tender.
- Add water + stock cube, contents of 1 sachet, ¼ tsp. pimenton, rice, onion, peas, meat/fish and bring to the boil. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Boil for approx. 10 mins. stirring regularly, until all water has been absorbed and rice is tender. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Turn down heat and cook for a further 5 mins. DO NOT STIR AT THIS STAGE. Serve.
You now have an authentic Spanish paella. Enjoy. To add a finishing touch, decorate with long strips of red pepper, cooked in a separate pan until soft. These can be prepared in advance and added to the dish at stage 5 to reheat.